Welcome to Maritime Training at HLSCC
Maritime Training at HLSCC offers a number of specialised courses/workshops that prepare individuals to work in the yachting, ferry, shipping and boating industries.
Maritime Short Courses
The courses or workshops are listed below:
- STCW – [5days] ($965)
- CARIBBEAN BOATMASTERS Grade 2/3 [5days] ($500)
- CARIBBEAN BOATMASTERS Grade 1 [5 days, or online plus 3 days] ($500)
- Radar Navigation [3 days] ($300)
- Chart work/Orals tuition for VISR Exams on request ($100/day)
- Boat masters 2/3 is now offered as part distance/online learning, followed by a 3 day classroom workshop.
- For Grade 1 there is an additional 3 day module in Radar Nav’ & Navaids.
- Anyone already holding a Grade 1 Licence may enroll for the 3 day Radar Navigation & Navaids Course only, if wished. (Price $300)
- Tutorials available for VISR Chart work and Oral exams. ($100/day)
***Please note that the running of courses is subject to subscription (numbers)
Marine Professional Training (MPT) – Level 1: Marine Hand
For further information on Maritime Training, please contact:
Captain Martin Cherry
Maritime Programme Manager