H. Lavity Stoutt Community College will be a regional college of choice for higher education and lifelong learning. It will aid in the improvement of life, a vibrant economy, and nation building.
Mission of the College
H. Lavity Stoutt Community College provides quality higher education and lifelong learning that is responsive to changing community needs, the global economy and evolving technology. The offerings promote individual growth, economic, social, and cultural development.
H. Lavity Stoutt Community College strives to fulfil its mission through adherence to the following precepts:
- To involve students in the richness and diversity of ideas in order to broaden their understanding of themselves and the world.
- To lead students in examining the value of knowledge for its own sake and in developing an appreciation for the scholarly pursuit of truth.
- To provide learning experiences designed to enable students to develop their abilities to think critically; to analyse, synthesize and integrate knowledge; to undertake self-directed and lifelong learning; and to engage in scholarly inquiry and problem-solving strategies.
- To help students build their skills in effective communication; enhance their appreciation of the cultural and the aesthetic; and to realize a sense of self-worth, self-confidence and citizenship.
- To provide educational opportunities leading to the acquisition of knowledge and skills which will allow students to compete successfully and find meaningful employment in an ever-changing world.